Monday, March 29, 2010

Renewing my practice with Yoga. Renewing myself

I've decided to renew my relationship with Yoga. After having stopped my yoga classes for abt 1 1/2 year, I notice and realize my body misses all the stretches that it needs in all the vital areas. Most of all, in the areas that are hardly used, and the importance is further amplified as we get "more mature".. ;-)

I'm not going to attend classes since the classes are restricted to certain time. I've decided to practice it at home, incorporating two 1 hr session in a week (Mon & Fri). What I have in mind is merely to do the Sun Salutation set, which, to me is extremely good. I feel that this routine contains all the basic stretching it requires for each and every part of the body. Once the steps and postures for each pose has been mastered, and the breathing synchronization is incorporated, it's a POWERFUL combination of simple stretching exercise for all our vital organs, plus meditation ("deep" breathing & providing oxygen to every corner of our body as we stretches it gracefully, while we communicate with our body & mind).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails