Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Calm your mind and relax your body



                                                                                          Picture taken from here 


My yoga pose of the month – The Corpse Pose (Savasana)

Whenever I need to quiet down my mind & to zone out; whenever I need to un-plug from all things electronic, noise, distractions and focus inward instead, I turn to corpse pose. It calms my mind and relaxes my body.

I also make it a point to practice corpse pose at the end of my yoga session, as this posture rejuvenates the body, mind and spirit while reducing stress and tension.

How?
1) Lie down on your back, in a quiet and uncluttered room.
2) Let your arms and legs drop open with the arms about 45 degrees from the side of your body.
3) Close your eyes and breathe "deep and slow" through your nose.
4) Allow your body to become soft and heavy, letting it relax into the floor.
5) Scan the body from the toes to the fingers to the crown of the head, looking for tension, tightness and contracted muscles. Consciously release and relax.
6) Let your body move deeper and deeper into a state of total relaxation.


Benefits
1) Calms the brain and helps relieve stress & mild depression
2) Relaxes the body
3) Reduces headache, fatigue and insomnia
4) Helps to lower blood pressure

The best thing about this pose is, I can do it anywhere, anytime.

  
You might be interested to check out my other related posts below :





--moon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails