Monday, February 7, 2011

Stay in shape by walking after a meal






Do not sit right after a meal. Walk instead.

Walking shortly after a meal is a highly effective way to burn energy and the calories, so you are getting a double boost. It helps you to keep fit and stay in shape. Walking is an easy and convenient way to exercise.

Instead of plopping down in front of the TV, or sitting at the computer, take a nice leisurely walk after your meals. Sitting on your butt promotes fat forming, fatigue and grumpiness.

This CNY, I ate so much more than I normally do but so far, I’ve managed to maintain my weight, thank goodness for that!  

What I did at the least, was to ensure that I walk in the park right outside our home, 15-20 minutes after a meal. I will walk for about half hour before I head back into the house. I did that even after lunch, as the park is well protected from the sun by big shady trees all around.

If there isn’t a park near your home, you can try walking around the neighborhood, or if, even that is not possible, then ensure you do some house chores , clearing up, washing dishes, folding clothes, put your clothes into the washing machine, prepare for next day work/school, etc, etc for 1 hour. Even standing still is better than sitting down. 


Alternatively, you could get yourself a treadmill to walk on. You can also jog/run on it for a real workout in the morning before you go to work.


--moon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails