Friday, May 6, 2011

Lie down to cure your ails






My yoga pose of the month – Legs up the wall (Viparita Karani)

This month, my feet and legs went through hell as we participate in the MetalTech Show for 5 full days in PWTC. Standing for long hours in our working shoe is no joke. By the time I get home, my calf and feet would be extremely painful and numb beyond words at the same time.

To ensure that it gets proper treatment at night, I soak them in a pail of warm water with epsom salt for 10 - 15 minutes. 






After which, I will then rest them up on the wall like in the top most picture. This pose is designed for undoing, repairing and restoring. It is a restorative pose with a mild inversion.

Viparita Karani pose improves our circulation, calms our nervous system and supports the back.


Benefits
1) Relieve tired or cramp feet
2) Gently stretches the calves, back and neck
3) Relieves mild backache


Try it, it feels heavenly...



--moon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails